Greetings - I’m Paul, the Chief Technology Officer here at Gather. I’ve been building software systems for more than twenty years across a variety of industries from finance to marketing technology, manufacturing, and more.
I’ve never been involved in a project as exciting or as personally fulfilling as Gather. We’re proud of the software development team we’ve assembled here in Boise, Idaho. Our team members come from a variety of diverse backgrounds including industrial automation, data center and physical security, and microprocessor manufacturing - we even have an ex-Disney animator on the team.
Cloud-Based Software at Gather
Gather is the only funeral software solution that was built for today’s mobile-first, cloud-enabled workforce. I wanted to talk about what it means to run business software in the cloud and some of the benefits of cloud-based software.
Why Cloud-Based Software:
- Mobility: you don’t have to run to the office every time you get a death call or a client who wants to update their contract. As long as you have a device with access to the Internet, you have access to your crucial business information.
- Every Device: We spend a lot of time testing our updates on every device and browser. That includes iPhone, Android phones, iPads, tablets, laptops, desktops, Windows, Mac, you name it. Every feature runs on every device, our mobile solution isn’t just some watered-down version of another app - we develop with your mobile device at the forefront.
- Collaboration: With Gather, you and all of your internal staff and the family members are working together on the most up-to-date version of each aspect of the case. Whether that’s the obituary, service details, the contract, or task list - it’s all in one place and is always up to date for everyone. With our E-signature and remote pay solutions, family members spread across the country can do everything they could if they were in the same room with you.
- Up-Time & Reliability: If your laptop goes on the fritz, or your tablet breaks down, you can keep on working from your phone or another device. Legacy, installed systems can lose or corrupt all of your data if a single computer in your office fails. With Gather, you don’t have to worry about backups, recovery, and failover systems - we do all of that for you behind the scenes.
- Security: Our system keeps track of all access and data requests. You get to manage the various levels of access for each of your users from owners, accountants, funeral directors, and other staff members.
- Scalability: Gather scales with your business. You don’t need to worry about upgrading or maintaining a PC with every generation of new hardware. Gather does that for you with our auto-scaling platform, behind the scenes.
- Software Updates: You don’t have to worry about which “version” of Gather you are running. When we add features and functionality, those updates are automatically deployed to all of our users. Our clients love how responsive we are to their feedback and that we keep improving Gather all the time.
Gather is an innovative case management platform and live streaming solution built specifically for funeral homes. We love funeral directors and firmly believe that helping families through the loss of a loved one is one of the noblest professions. Our vision is to give funeral directors a seamless solution that helps both the funeral home and the families they serve.
To learn more about Gather or how we leverage cloud-based applications to create a better experience for our customers visit www.gather.app or call (888) 492-2697.